Product Curator & Small Business Champion
Tory Johnson is obsessed with shopping and she loves a really great deal.
As the ecommerce editor at ABC News, Tory created Good Morning America’s hugely popular “Deals & Steals” series, which she leads every week featuring great buys on good stuff chosen by her. Viewers are introduced to new and beloved brands with exclusive savings to treat themselves to accessibly-priced products in a range of categories. These loyal shoppers spend hundreds of millions of dollars on Tory’s picks.
Tory also curates exclusive deals for ABC’s long-running talkfest, The View, for its money-saving shopping series “View Your Deal,” and monthly bargains for daytime’s favorite duo, LIVE with Kelly & Ryan. Additionally, her deals appear regularly on GoodMorningAmerica.com.
When the global pandemic led to a retail shutdown, Tory helped save hundreds of American small businesses suddenly faced with cancelled purchase orders, returned goods, extended payment terms and supply chain delays that threatened jobs and dreams. She shared their stories with viewers and offered their products at exclusive savings, enabling people stuck at home to shop with purpose.
She and her team are particularly proud to elevate women-owned, Black-owned and other minority-owned small businesses deserving of exposure to catapult their brands.
To support even more businesses post-COVID, Tory launched 40Boxes.com, a new marketplace site to serve her loyal shoppers with another curated product experience. With a selection that changes weekly, the site delights shoppers with savings from a range of indie brands and well-known giants, while introducing those businesses to a fresh audience to expand their reach.
* Tory runs a private Facebook group with more than 415,000 members who share her love of scoring great deals.
* She and her husband Peter have twins: Emma is an ecommerce expert and Jake is in veterinary school.
* Her family has the cutest twin beagles, Winnie and Bo.
* Tory is a #1 New York Times bestselling author. Her book, The Shift, chronicles a life-long struggle with weight and how she lost 62 pounds a year after fearing she’d lose her job.
* Tory grew up in Miami Beach and was a Florida state debate champion in high school.